Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What's The Point Of Journalism School, Anyway?

After reading this article, it made me think about all the time people asked ME why I wanted to study journalism. My neighbor is a journalist and used to tell me all the time, make sure you get a second job. I would laugh at him and tell him not to worry because I'd make it. He is an older generation journalist who has had to learn all the new types of media emerging over the past few years. It gets me think about what I am going to look forward to when my career starts rolling, if it ever will.

Journalists have a very important job, and it's to inform the people of this country of what's going on and to present it honestly and accurately. Unfortantely to many, the journalism field is slowly going away. I am not going to sit here and think that I spent my four years at a university studying journalism to find that I won't get a job or that this field will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment