Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mosque near WTC

I wanted to respond to Lorenzo's E-mail about the multi-million dollar mosque being built in the surrounding area of the World Trade Center. I think it's ignorant if people are going to take offense to building a mosque in the surrounding area of the WTC. I asked a friend what he thought about the issue and at first, without him knowing why I asked, he blew up at me and said, "Why the hell would they do that? They don't deserve that." Then he stopped and said he didn't know why he said that, but it angered him at the fact that they were going to give them a place of worship after so many lives were lost to people "of their kind". I think a building is a building and it doesn't matter much if they built a mosque or a catholic church or a synagogue.

I completely understand that to be a journalist I have to be able to feel comfortable in any place with any person from any race, but I still find it hard to be believe that if I walked into certain neighborhoods, people would be willing to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment